By scheduling and preparing to discuss important issues with your partner, you are setting your journey up for success. By making sure you and your partner are both ready to discuss important relationship issues you need to be emotionally and mentally ready - check yourself.
1. Are you emotionally ready?
- What kind of day have you had?
- Have your emotions been fairly neutral?
- Or have you experienced any high levels of sadness, anger, or joy?
- We recommend having discussions about your relationship on days where your emotions have been calm.
- Are you open to change?
- Are you comfortable practicing communication skills such as active listening and assertiveness?
- Is your mindset welcoming to honest discussion?
- There is no sense in trying to have a discussion if you’ve already made up your mind about everything related to your relationship.
Before you sit down to look at your relationship, answer theses questions and you'll have a better chance of building intimacy and understanding, and achieving your relationship goals.
Tune in for more tips next week.
Do you need help with an issue or problem? Our approach helps to generate deep and productive conversations that couples would not otherwise have about their relationship. These conversations can restore insight and understanding about one another.
#PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.
For more information on PREPARE/ENRICH or to find a facilitator near you, please contact: www.prepare-enrich.com.au or call us on (02) 9520 4049.