The PREPARE/ENRICH Group Program lends itself well to a retreat format as it allows for a combination of teaching, small groups, and break-out time for couples. The Group Program outlines ten sessions but you may use only the sessions that work for the time you have or items that have been raised by the group. The first session is written as an introductory session and the last as a wrap-up. All other sessions need not be delivered in consecutive order.
Here are some useful tips in running a group program:
- Greet each couple individually before the session, and welcome them to the workshop.
- Provide name tags for all participants at each session.
- It is a nice touch to provide refreshments (water, soft drinks, coffee, and/or other snacks).
- Provide a clean and comfortable environment.
- Consider offering child-care to help increase attendance.
- Take time for introductions.
- Review the Ground Rules for the group.
- Stay organised and keep the group on topic.
- Start on time and stick to the schedule; this promotes mutual respect.
- Encourage participants to ask questions. In responding, be sure to restate each question so others may hear and to keep answers concise and relevant.
- Exercise good group facilitation skills. Give everyone a chance to speak; no individual or participant couple should dominate.
- Encourage participants to take breaks as needed (e.g., visit the bathroom). In the case of weekend programs, breaks for meals and time for stretching will need to be incorporated.
- Allow time at the end of each session for participants to briefly share their reactions to the session.
- At the conclusion of the program, be sure to have participants complete a program evaluation.
The Group Edition of PREPARE/ENRICH is designed to bring couples of various relationship stages together in one group can lead to a dynamic experience for all. For example, engaged couples may benefit from the realism and interpersonal learning that happens when they witness how other couples cope with life’s stressors, honour their commitment, grow, heal and express themselves. Engaged and dating couples reenergise those around them with their hope and optimism.
Group edition reports are now available for all completed couples. To upgrade your account to include the PREPARE/ENRICH Group Program materials and third report for couples, please email us at email@example.com. The one-time fee of $40* upgrades your PREPARE/ENRICH account, giving you online access to the Instructor's Guide (PDF), and the new Couple's Report - Group Edition, and the Instructor's PowerPoint. When offering PREPARE/ENRICH in a group format, you will use these resources to encourage discussion and effectively structure the feedback for a group setting.
* The Group Edition is not included in the new Facilitator Training package.
#PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.
For more information on PREPARE/ENRICH or to simply set up a couple on the tool, please contact: www.prepare-enrich.com.au or call today (02) 9520 4049 #prepareenrich