The PREPARE/ENRICH Group Program lends itself well to an online format as it allows for a combination of teaching, demonstrating and discussion. The Group Program outlines ten sessions that may used in sequence, depending on the items that have been raised by the group. The first session is an introductory session and the last as a wrap-up. All other sessions need not be delivered in consecutive order.
The group experience with other couples is designed for couples to learn from each other and to also discuss issues as a couples. Because much of the information is personal, the online experience will create some positive tension. This sharing and learning together can help build a sense of community... even while online.
Suggested Ground Rules for Group Sessions:
- Everything shared in the group is confidential. Confidentiality means not sharing or discussing any information learned in the group with anyone other than your partner. No recording of online sessions is allowed.
- All sharing with other couples in the group is voluntary. There are opportunities for discussion with other couples in the group. (This is a gradual process that will increase as the level of trust improves). Individuals and couples should never feel forced to share with the group.
- When sharing in the group, each partner speaks for themselves and not their partner. This is vital in an online context. It is important that each partner contributes to the discussion topic. An emphasise on “I” statements rather than “we” statements can ensure this occurs. For example, it is acceptable to say “I feel” or “I think” but not “we feel" or "we believe”.
- Each partner should first “check it out” with their partner before sharing. Ask each partner to specifically ask their partner before sharing something personal about their relationship.
- The goal of the group is to learn and share and have fun.
The Group Edition is designed to bring couples of various relationship stages together in one group can lead to a dynamic experience for all. For example, engaged couples may benefit from the realism and interpersonal learning that happens when they witness how other couples cope with life’s stressors, honour their commitment, grow, forgive and express themselves. Engaged and dating couples tend to energise those around them with their hope and optimism.
Group edition reports are now available for all completed couples. To upgrade your account to include the PREPARE/ENRICH Group Program materials and third report for couples, ORDER HERE or email us at email@example.com. The one-time fee of $50* upgrades your PREPARE/ENRICH account, giving you online access to the Instructor's Guide (PDF), and the new Couple's Report - Group Edition, and the Instructor's PowerPoint. When offering PREPARE/ENRICH in a group format, you will use these resources to encourage discussion and effectively structure the feedback for a group setting.
* The Group Edition is not included in the new Facilitator Training package.
#PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.
For more information on PREPARE/ENRICH or to simply set up a couple on the tool, please contact: www.prepare-enrich.com.au or call today (02) 9520 4049 #prepareenrich