Daily Dialogue is an intentional effort to talk about your relationship, rather than discussing your activities that day. The focus of daily dialogue is on your feelings about each other and your lives together.
Beyond daily dialogue, taking time to discuss deeper more intimate details about your feelings is also important towards increasing intimacy.
In the next few days schedule a time (preferably after a meal) to talk constructively together about the following topics and what you both could do about it for the benefit of the less satisfied partner. Go down this list of statements and indicate honestly your level of agreement for each one. Compare your responses with those your partner.
For those items where you both ‘agree’ or ‘strongly agree’ try to think of an example to share with your partner. Note the items for which your response differs from your partner’s.
Talk as constructively as you can about items that you have both marked ‘disagree’ or ‘strongly disagree’. If there are a number of these do please consider getting the help of a qualified third party, don’t risk these issues becoming terminal. Don’t attempt to discuss more than any one topic at a sitting.
Select one of the following to the statements below: Strongly disagree; Disagree; Undecided; Agree; Strongly Agree:
- I am very satisfied with how my partner and I communicate
- We are creative in how we cope with our differences
- We feel very connected to one another
- My partner seldom seems too controlling
- My partner is able to understand my opinions and ideas when we discuss problems
- Our sexual relationship is satisfying and fulfilling to me
- We have a good balance of leisure time spent together and separately
- My partner’s friends or family rarely interfere with our relationship
- We usually agree on how to spend money
- I am satisfied with how we express spiritual values and beliefs
Do you need help or assistance with using PREPARE/ENRICH or working with couples online, call us any time: (02) 9520 4049 or email: email@example.com.
#PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.