Getting engaged. Moving in together. Combining finances. Getting married. Becoming parents. Changing careers. Moving to a new city. Adjusting to an empty nest. Retirement.
Couples encounter countless transitions throughout the course of their relationship. Some are minor blips on the radar, while others are much more disruptive. Big or small, most transitions require a somewhat of a re-calibration as the relationship adapts to change.
As a Facilitator, you can help couples stay connected and on the same page before, during, and after these transitions.
Here are some examples of transitions and the PREPARE/ENRICH scales that address them:
- One or both partners retiring > Role Transitions
- Remarrying with children > Step Family Issues
- Moving in together > Cohabitation Issues
- Change in career or work status > Roles and Responsibilities
- Aging parents or boomerang child > Intergenerational Issues
- Pre- or post-military deployment > Military Life, Deployment, and Stress Scales
PREPARE/ENRICH not only helps you explore the couple's alignment on issues unique to certain transitions, but it also ensures that core areas like communication and conflict resolution are revisited and reinforced.
After all, being strong in these areas means the couple likely has the tools they need to make it through stressful or uncertain times intact.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) - Marriage and divorces, Australia 2016
#PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.