Marriage mentoring is a couple-to-couple relationship that seeks to help couples live out their vision for marriage. For couples who are intent on building a happy marriage, mentoring brings sage advice, personal support and encouragement, and help in hard times.
An aspect of mentoring that new or prospective marriage mentors often overlook is how the process beneﬁts their own relationship. Initially, most marriage mentors volunteer in order to provide a valuable service to the establishment or their community. As they begin mentoring their ﬁrst couple, they soon realise all of the positive effects the process has on their own marriage. Below are some of the potential beneﬁts marriage mentors experience.
By Mentoring, Marriage Mentor Couples will:
- Strengthen their own marriage by thinking and talking about a variety of relationship issues they may not have discussed on their own;
- Reﬂect on their own marriage by sharing stories from the past, learning from both the positive and negative experiences they have had;
- Increase closeness in their marriage;
- Feel good about helping another couple improve their chances of having a happy, healthy marriage;
- Learn from the couple they are mentoring;
- Increase the level of excitement and optimism in their marriage after observing it in the couples they mentor; and
- Enjoy welcoming a couple into their home and into their lives as new relationships are formed.
Tune in next week for more qualities of marriage mentors and the beneﬁts to couples and marriage mentors through the mentoring process.
Simply click on the Register button below relevant to your relationship - it couldn't be easier. Once you have finished the questions you should receive your comprehensive personalised report in about 30 seconds.
The Couple Checkup generates deep and productive conversations that couples would not otherwise have about their relationship. These conversations restore insight and understanding about one another. The Couple Checkup can help to revive a relationship and increase intimacy.
The Couple Checkup is an online couple assessment based on the PREPARE/ENRICH couple inventories. The Checkup assessment and Checkup report are designed to go directly to couples at any stage of their relationship (dating, engaged or married). The online system allows for dynamic customization of the assessment to each couple based on how the couple answers background questions. The goal is for the Couple Checkup to reach a more diverse group of couples, to empower couples to deal with issues on their own and to emphasize prevention over remediation.