Marriage mentoring is a couple-to-couple relationship that seeks to help couples live out their vision for marriage. For couples who are intent on building a happy marriage, mentoring brings sage advice, personal support and encouragement, and help in hard times.
Marriage Mentors are:
- A healthy model of a healthy marriage. They model commitment, friendship, teamwork, forgiveness, respect, love, and other good qualities of a healthy marriage.
- Encouragers who inspire couples by letting them know that marriage can be great! They talk enthusiastically about the positive aspects of marriage.
- Realistic about the challenges, conﬂicts, and disillusionments that marriage can deliver. They know that struggles are a normal part of marriage and they know it is best to talk about them.
- Open to sharing experiences when appropriate and always constructively. They disclose strengths, challenges and solutions. They use their own true-life stories as points of encouragement. They are vulnerable when appropriate (e.g. letting couples know their own struggles).
- Observers who are open to learning from the couple they are mentoring. They use what they learn to beneﬁt, strengthen and grow their own marriage.
- Resource probers who give suggestions of available resources - books, articles, video series, agencies, organizations, counsellors - that might be useful to the couple they are mentoring.
Tune in next week for more insights and information on marriage mentoring.
Simply click on the Register button below relevant to your relationship - it couldn't be easier. Once you have finished the questions you should receive your comprehensive personalised report in about 30 seconds.
The Couple Checkup generates deep and productive conversations that couples would not otherwise have about their relationship. These conversations restore insight and understanding about one another. The Couple Checkup can help to revive a relationship and increase intimacy.
The Couple Checkup is an online couple assessment based on the PREPARE/ENRICH couple inventories. The Checkup assessment and Checkup report are designed to go directly to couples at any stage of their relationship (dating, engaged or married). The online system allows for dynamic customization of the assessment to each couple based on how the couple answers background questions. The goal is for the Couple Checkup to reach a more diverse group of couples, to empower couples to deal with issues on their own and to emphasize prevention over remediation.