The Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH is designed to guide couples through the emotions of parenting by empowering them with insight into their parenting style, family dynamics, and couple relationship.
When should the Parenting Version be administered?
The Parenting Version is a good choice for any committed couple whose primary concerns are children and parenting issues. While the Parenting Version does assess some relational constructs (communication, conflict resolution, finances, partner styles & habits, and relationship dynamics), the main focus is on parenting issues.
Frequently asked questions:
- Is it appropriate for couples in blended (step) families?
Yes, the Parenting Version is customised by the couple based on background questions they answer regarding children.
- Can it be used with single parents?
No, like all PREPARE/ENRICH assessments, the Parenting Version is a relationship assessment which assumes the couple is in a committed relationship with one another.
- How many children/teens can be considered as part of the assessment?
In addition to global parenting/child/teen statements, the Parenting Version provides each parent the opportunity to evaluate their style of parenting with one to four children.
- Do the children/teens also complete the assessment?
No, the Parenting Version is only completed by the parents. However, the facilitator will need the first name, gender and ages of the children in order to add them into the system so the couple can answer questions about the children.
- What information is needed to set up a couple?
The facilitator will need the couple’s information (first name and email address) and the following information about each child: first name, age, and gender. The Facilitator will also have the option to include the Family Spiritual Beliefs scale.
- Would it be appropriate for parents of a newborn?
No, the parenting scales address issues of discipline, rules and parent-child communication. The standard version of PREPARE/ENRICH is perfect for these couples.
- Can it be used in a group setting?
Yes, it could be used in a parent education/support/enrichment group setting.
- To get started with the Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH, you will need to locate a qualified facilitator of relationship and parental education. PREPARE/ENRICH Certified facilitators can be located in your area by contacting PREPARE/ENRICH or by using the search facility on the website: For Couples
- To get started with the Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH, you will need to become PREPARE/ENRICH Certified by attending a Workshop.
- Once trained, Contact Us to activate the Parenting Version in your facilitator account.
- The cost to activate the Parenting Version is $40
The PREPARE/ENRICH Parenting Version is Now Available: Register here >
PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.
For more information on the Parenting Version or to simply set up a couple on the tool, please contact: www.prepare-enrich.com.au or call today (02) 9520 4049 #prepareenrich