Most (82%) couples in a national survey of 50,000 couples reported that their marital satisfaction had declined since having children.
Happily married couples were twice as likely to report being satisfied with how child rearing is shared than were unhappily married couples (61% v 30%).
Agreeing on child discipline is another topic that is highly related to marital satisfaction.
When should you use the Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH?
- The Parenting Version is a good choice for any couple with children.
- Like all PREPARE/ENRICH assessments, the Parenting Version is a relational assessment; core couple scales are covered such as those below
- Many of the scales would not be relevant for single parents.
- Conflict Resolution
- Partner Style & Habits
- Financial Management
- Relationship Dynamics (Assertiveness, Self-Confidence, Avoidance, Partner Dominance)
- SCOPE Personality Scales
The following scales were adapted from the standard version of PREPARE/ENRICH:
- Parenting Stress Profile
- Co-Parenting or Step-Parenting
- Family Spiritual Beliefs (optional scale)
- Family Map-Measures Parenting Styles on dimensions of closeness and flexibility
The following scales are unique to the PARENTING Version:
- Five Parenting Styles-Overall Style
- Five Parenting Styles-by Child
- Confidence in Parenting
- Child Behavior Issues Checklist
- Family Communication
- Family Satisfaction
- Relationship Satisfaction-by Child
- Communication Satisfaction-by Child
Information needed to set up couple
- First names or nicknames
- Email addresses
- First name or nickname
The facilitator has the option to include the Family Spiritual Beliefs scale.
*Up to four children can be included in assessment
Feedback Materials include:
- The Parenting Version Couple’s Workbook is available as a PDF under Feedback Materials after logging into your Facilitator Account.
- Follow-up Questions for Couples , found under Supplemental Materials, can also be used for relevant statements.
#PREPARE/ENRICH is a customised online assessment tool that identifies each couples unique strength and growth areas. Based on their assessment results, a facilitator provides feedback sessions, helping couples to discuss and understand their results while teaching them proven relationship skills.
For more information on PREPARE/ENRICH or support with a couple or to simply set up a couple on the tool, please contact: www.prepare-enrich.com.au or call today (02) 9520 4049 #prepareenrich