Ready to take PREPARE/ENRICH?
Improve your relationships skills whilst exploring your strength and growth areas. Learn about major research findings on topics such as Communication, Conflict Resolution and Stress Management.
Find a PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator in your area:
Video: Explains Marriage and Relationship Education
New video covers what Marriage and Relationship Education is, what a program can look like, the topics covered and how to find a course or facilitator.
View the video here > www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyuUl-JnIhM
Couples being encouraged to participate in the prepare program often ask what the benefits of doing so what be. Several years ago, Scott M. Stanley (Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Denver) reviewed a wide range of theoretical and research publications and argued in a significant policy paper that engaging in broadly applied premarital education can lead to significant effects.
Four key benefits of premarital education were identified:
- it can slow couples down to foster deliberation
- it sends a message that marriage matters
- it can help couples learn of options if they need help later
- it can lower some couples’ risks for subsequent marital distress or termination provided that the program has evidence of effectiveness associated with it (as is the case for the Prepare programs)
These observations represent a good clear summary of benefits that could be shared with couples when Administrators are encouraging couples to participate in premarital education programs.
Reference: Scott M. Stanley (2001). Making A Case for Premarital Education.Family Relations, 50, 272–280.
Source: Marriage and Relationship Educators Association Australia
PREPARE/ENRICH online self-directed training course for new facilitators
The Online Self Training includes access to the content you need to become proficient in the use of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. Learn to administer the inventories, interpret reports, and give feedback using skills building exercises.
PREPARE/ENRICH Online Self Training covers 12 comprehensive sections, including a Resource Guide outline (PDF), video instruction, and video clips of PREPARE/ENRICH founder, David Olson, providing feedback to a couple. Each section ends with a 5-item quiz based on the content covered.
With the Online Training, you'll receive:
- 1 Complimentary Scoring
- Resource Guide - Training Outlines
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator's Manual
- PREPARE/ENRICH Couple's Workbook
- Sample Facilitator's Report
- Sample Couple's Report
- Access to all training videos
- Option to attend Going Deeper, a follow-up Training day that includes further skills training and practice opportunities for working with feedback techniques and workbook exercises.
After completing the Online training, you will be certified to use the PREPARE/ENRICH Program with both premarital and married couples.
Who may train to administer the inventories?
Persons working with couples (eg. marriage celebrants, educators, counsellors) who already have formal training as a Pastor, priest, minister, rabbi; Counsellor/Psychologist; Educator; Social Worker; or Worker trained in another relevant human resource discipline
...and Lay people, who also have training in the above areas, nominated by, approved by, and supervised by and accountable to leaders of the institution (eg. clergy, pastors, priests) within which they will work.
The Online Training is currently available in English only. PREPARE/ENRICH is available in English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Korean, Romanian, and Spanish.
Bookings and enquiries: CLICK HERE>
Cost: $350 per person
The PREPARE/ENRICH Parenting Program is here!
The Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH is designed to guide couples through the emotions of parenting by empowering them with insight into their parenting style, family dynamics, and couple relationship. The Parenting Version is best used with any committed couple whose primary concerns are children and parenting issues. While the Parenting Version does assess some relational constructs (communication, conflict resolution, finances, partner styles & habits, and relationship dynamics), the main focus is on parenting issues.
The goals of the Parenting Version include:
- Explore strengths and growth areas as partners and parents;
- Strengthen communication with your partner and children;
- Identify and manage parenting stress;
- Discuss parenting styles and how you work together as a team;
- Resolve couple and parenting issues; and
- Increase parenting confidence and satisfaction.
- To get started with the Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH, you will need to become PREPARE/ENRICH Certified by attending a Workshop.
- Once trained, Contact Us to activate the Parenting Version in your facilitator account.
PREPARE/ENRICH Group Program
Take the power of the PREPARE/ENRICH assessment and feedback exercises into a group setting for dating, engaged, married or mixed-stage couples.
- Maximize your time and impact by bringing couples together for vibrant group discussions covering the core topics that predict marriage success.
- Build community and connections among your couples with this fun and thought provoking group process.
- Use the same administration process and Couple's Workbook exercises you already know and understand.
- Available in English only at this time.
The PREPARE/ENRICH Group Program has a format that is adaptable and easy to implement into any type of couple group. Upgrade your PREPARE/ENRICH account and you'll receive online access to the Instructor's Guide (PDF), a new Couple's Report - Group Edition, and an Instructor's PowerPoint. When offering PREPARE/ENRICH in a group format, you will use these resources to encourage discussion and effectively structure the feedback for a group setting.
A recent independent study found couples who participated in a PREPARE/ENRICH group program exhibited positive gains in knowledge, felt more confident in their relationship, engaged in more positive conflict management behaviors, and felt more satisfied with their relationship. Plus, the benefits for those completing the group process were just as powerful as those who completed the feedback privately with a facilitator (Futris and colleagues, 2011).
PREPARE/ENRICH Australia Blog
Follow the PREPARE/ENRICH Australia Blog
The PREPARE/ENRICH Australia blog aims to improve overall engagement with PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitators, trainers and couples. Sign-up here to access resources such as exercises, facilitation tools and ideas:
https://prepareenrichaustralia.wordpress.com/ or click here: https://wp.me/3x3nR
Alternatively, follow the website blog here:
PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator Support Group on Facebook
PREPARE/ENRICH, Australia has officially launched the Facilitator Support Group on Facebook and we invite you to join us: PREPARE/ENRICH, Australia Facilitator Support Group.
The group is a closed group only available to facilitators. Only group members see the posts. We will use this Facebook group to share and keep you up-to-date with information and news about PREPARE/ENRICH and to allow facilitators to interact and discuss issues relevant to PREPARE/ENRICH facilitation. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to join or request to join via Facebook.